Welcome to the Bealls customer feedback survey guide! This article will serve as a comprehensive resource for you to use that will show you how to leave feedback on your experience with Bealls at www.beallsflorida.com/survey. Here you will find everything you need to know about the Bealls customer satisfaction survey, including how to rate your satisfaction with the company, requirements for taking the survey, and a step by step guide on how to take the survey itself. This article will detail each step of completion and give useful links to use as you go.
Bealls Florida Survey Requirements at www.beallsflorida.com
In order to take the Bealls feedback questionnaire on their survey form, you must meet a few different requirements set by the company’s rules. The requirements that Bealls expects their survey takers to meet are as follows:
– You must be 18 years of age as of May 1, 2015.
– You must be a legal citizen of the United States and its territories.
– You cannot be an employee or a family member of a Bealls employee or a member of the same household as a Bealls employee.
– You must have a receipt with a code on it.
Bealls Florida Survey Rewards and Tips
The Bealls survey only takes a few minutes to complete, and for those spare moments of your time, you are not only benefiting the company and helping them to improve their service to you and all customers, you are entered into a drawing after completion of the survey. This drawing will give you a chance to win a $500 gift card for use at any Bealls location.
Bealls Florida Survey Steps www.beallsflorida.com
Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to take the Bealls Survey:
- Access the survey site www.beallsflorida.com/survey or this link.
- Read the message presented on the page.
- Click “Take the survey”.
- Enter in the Bealls location that you want to leave feedback for.
- Enter the date of your visit.
- Locate and type in the receipt code on the receipt.
- Give a little information about what brought you into the store, if you made a purchase, what you thought about the sales associates and the cleanliness of the store.
- Rate your experience at the bottom.
- Type in any additional information not covered by the questions.
- Give general information about yourself.
- Enter into the contest for the prize drawing and add yourself to the email list if you’d like.
- Submit the survey by clicking “I’m done”.
Useful Information and Links
Bealls Contact Information:
If you have trouble locating the receipt code on your receipt, the top of the survey will offer you an example of what to look for to make it easier to find. For any other questions regarding the Bealls customer satisfaction survey, use the Bealls contact information below:
Bealls Department Stores phone number: 1-941-747-2355
Bealls Outlet Stores: 1-941-747-2355
Email/contact form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 700 13th Avenue East Bradenton, FL 34208
You may also choose to get in touch with Bealls through their social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you have any questions for us on the Bealls Florida survey, leave a comment below and reach out to us for help.
Beall’s Florida is an unethical and immoral corporation getting their profits off the sweat of the lower level employee. The employee’s are treated badly, and they are the backbone to this company being rich. They do not offer a livable wage, and take full advantage of their employees. They really need to be investigated by the Better Business Bureau, The Department of Labor, have their assets frozen, and shut down for good.
Worst Company Ever Bealls’s Florida!!
Takes full advantage of their employees!!
No morals, or ethics. Company is run like a bunch of renegades!
I have NEVER shopped at a worse company then Beall’s.
Hannah Rivers says
We’re terribly sorry about your experience. What happened?
Bill H. says
This company is devious, immoral, and unethical.
All stores and subsidiaries that fall under the scum sucking name of “BEALLS FLORIDA” need to be shut down for good!
Hannah Rivers says
Can you tell us what happened?